SOC again embarked on the beautiful grounds of the Cypress Villas Golf Resort in Orlando Florida for our third annual Physician Telemedicine Conference. This Continuing Medical Education (CME) conference, held October 15-16, at the Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando, Florida, was designed for healt care professionals to gain familiarity with new technology, treatment techniques and diagnostics for patients with neurological emergencies.
In addition to the lectures and discussions, several awards were given out at the conference in recognition of milestones and hard work achieved by Specialists On Call customers and physicians.
- The Nurse Champion awards were presented to both Debra Motz, BSN, MS, regional stroke coordinator, Baptist Health System, TX, and Tammie Stefenko, RN, stroke coordinator, Baptist Hospital of Pensacola, FL, for their personal dedication and championship of stroke, neurology care and telemedicine program.
- The System Partner Award was presented to Bon Secours Health System for advancing patient care in the treatment of acute illness using telemedicine services.
- The SOC Clinical Excellence Award went to Dr. Carlos Villar, MD, for his creativity, drive and devotion, which has helped define the new and emerging field of emergency neurology.
Other highlights of the conference include:
- Keynote Speaker: Michael De Georgia, MD, FACP, FAHA, FCCM, discussed theories from his book Struck Down: The Collision of Stroke and World History.
- Stephan Mayer, MD, FCCM, presented “StepWise Management of Elevated of Intracranial Pressure: Modern Thoughts on an Ancient Problem ”
- Albi Penalver, MD, discussed ”The World of Emergency Psychiatry”
- Anne Leonard, MPH, RN, CCRC, FAHA, presented “Primary Stroke Centers: The Current Opportunities and Remaining Barriers to Universal Implementation”
- Evan Allen, MD, MBA, discussed “Telemedicine and Emergency Neurology: From Vision To Reality”
Plans have already begun for the 4th annual conference. Information will be updated as it becomes available.